- This event has passed.
Southeast Asian Cultural Arts Festival
August 18, 2012 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
SEACAF is an annual celebration of Filipino and Southeast Asian cultural arts including martial arts, dance, song, music, dress and food. It is organized by instructors, performers, and students from a variety of different clubs, schools, and troupes as well as this year’s organizational sponsors:
As well we would like to thank the various business sponsors who are helping to support the festival through their participation and contributions – check out our Sponsors page.
The festival runs from 10am to 5pm with 30 minutes for each presentation and 10 minutes in between. At 1pm there will be a potluck BBQ (with a performance) before we resume training.
- 1000-1030 JKD w/ Guro Brent Matsuda
- 1040-1110 (KIRO) Kalis Ilustrisimo Repeticion Orihinal w/ Guros Kevin and Tom Dy Tang
- 1120-1150 Maelstrom – Bando stick stretching, Tuhon Loki Jorgenson
- 1200-1230 Ikatan Kali, Cimande penak silat w/ Guro Louie Lindo
- 1240-1300 Indonesian Gamelan
- 1300-1340 BBQ w/ SEACHS dance performance
- 1340-1410 Urban Survival Systems w/ Guro Ed Wong
- 1420-1450 Balintawak Cuentada Seattle w/ Guro John Soriano
- 1500-1530 Highland Gong Society music performance
- 1530-1600 Thai martial arts w/ Ajarn Steve Wilson
- 1610-1640 Mendoza Martial Arts w/ Guro Oneal Mendoza
- 1640-1700 Kathara Dance Theatre
Come participate in the festivities with SE Asian cultural arts instructors and performers from the lower mainland. Enjoy the dance and music performances. No experience required. And all free to the public. Help spread the word.
Location map: http://tinyurl.com/4y4v64v
Facebook event: http://www.facebook.com/events/335449609866504/
If you have an event that would like it to be posted on our calendar, please contact us and submit your event.